Ok, so you have found a motorcycle overseas that you have always wanted.. what next?
1. First of all, you will need to find out if the motorcycle can actually come to Australia, to find this out you will need to call the Department of Infrastructure in Canberra on 1800 815 272.
2. You then need to apply for an import permit before the motorcycle leaves overseas click here to download the application form for importing a motorcycle into Australia
3. Then consider :
- The price of the motorcycle including the costs to steam clean overseas
- The shipping and insurance costs from overseas to Australia
- Customs clearance in Australia (contact Platinum Freight for a quote)
- Port charges in Australia
- Import GST 10%
- Customs entry $ 70
- AQIS fees [time based charges]
Platinum Freight™ have customs cleared motorcycles in Fremantle, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane, why not allow us to make your project smooth and hassle free?
Call 1300 882 877 today for an obligation free quote or use our handy estimator to get an idea of the total cost of your import.