Australian Border Force [ABF] Section 162 Securities and temporary imports
Section 162 of the Act allows for the temporary importation of:
- the property of a tourist or temporary resident
- certain classes of goods, including:
- specialised equipment or tools to be used in exploration, production, manufacture, repair or modifications that are covered by an intergovernmental agreement (convention)
- certain goods imported for use at a public exhibition or public entertainment
- testing or evaluation equipment, or other goods imported for the purpose of testing and evaluating goods
Platinum® has assisted many importers with Section 162 applications; in particular tourists who sail their yacht to Australia en-route as part of their world-wide expedition.
Australian Border Force [ABF] Section 162A Securities and temporary imports
Section 162A of the Act allows for the temporary importation of goods in line with intergovernmental agreements and conventions to which Australia is a signatory. These goods include:
- private touring vehicles
- commercial samples
- professional equipment
- scientific equipment
- goods imported for display or use at events, fairs and exhibitions.
Platinum® has assisted many importers with Section 162A applications; ranging from goods being displayed at a trade fair or imported works of art for showing at exhibitions.