Importing from the UK
Our traditional partnership
The United Kingdom remains one of Australia’s long-term trading partners and when importing from the UK it is important to understand the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service rules and the taxes that may be levied on your goods. In certain cases where you purchase a caravan or motor vehicle you will be required to apply for an import permit from the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development before the goods leave the U.K. At the moment, there is a common trend in Australians importing caravans. Fortunately, assistance with importing from the UK is provided by Platinum Freight Management, a leading Australian customs clearance brokerage.
Some Useful Links
- Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development – further information about importing
- Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development import permit form
Reasons to choose Platinum Freight Management:
- One-on-one customer service
- Australia wide customs clearance
- Open seven days with extended hours
- Rated as “highly compliant” by Australian Customs and Border Protection services
- Our absolute commitment to integrated quality, OHS, and environmental management systems
- We live up to our motto, “There is simply no higher level of service®.”
Saving time and money
At Platinum Freight Management, we have more than 15 years experience assisting customers with all aspects of importing goods from the U.K. We will provide you with an obligation free quote by email so that you are aware of the costs that we expect you will incur. No matter which port your goods arrive in Australia, our customs brokers are on hand to ensure a smooth process. Whether you are importing from the U.K for personal use or as an ongoing business concern, Platinum Freight Management customs brokers facilitate your goods arriving on time and on budget.
Contact us regarding your delivery
We remain dedicated to fulfilling our motto, “There is simply no higher level of service,” and treat your goods as if they were our own. Platinum Freight Management consistently aims to provide a service that will meet all customer expectations. Call us today on 1300 882 877 with any questions you have regarding your customs clearance or our superior service.