Leading independent Australian Customs clearance agency Platinum Freight® Management today celebrates 15 years of operation. The company has undergone impressive geographical and financial growth in this time, and this month was named one of the top brokers in the country.
From humble beginnings in a small Sydney office manned by founder and CEO Peter McRae, the company now spans all major metropolitan cities as well as Auckland and Hong Kong, and operates across all key business channels with a strong footprint in jewellery, fashion, construction, sustainable products and general retail.
It has also consistently achieved client and financial growth on a trajectory that exceeds 100% client growth year on year for the past 5 years.
As a leading independent in a cluttered market, the agency sets itself apart from competitors by employing proven best practice processes, consistently achieving high ratings with Border Force and Quarantine and by delivering unique and valuable client services that respond directly to market demand and social responsibility. These services include:
- a premium record of Customs and quarantine compliance
- outstanding customer service
- lowest credit card merchant fees for paying disbursements
- proven cost-savings for clients
- a Mandarin language division to better serve the significant Chinese business population in Australia
- a special program to reward importers of green goods
- a social responsibility program to promote and assist young entrepreneurs and start-ups
- charitable programs to support disadvantaged Australians and New Zealanders.
McRae was also this month named as one of the top Customs Brokers of the year at the 2015 Australian Shipping & Maritime Industry Awards in the category delivered by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
In 2016 the business will grow further, with expansion into new markets currently in planning, new client service offerings, and partnerships with leading businesses to deliver unique new benefits to customers.
McRae will also expand his industry influence with new education appointments to be announced in the next quarter.