Ok, so you have found a car overseas that you have always wanted.. what next?
First of all, you will need to find out if the car can actually come to Australia ? To find this out you will need to call the Department of Infrastructure in Canberra on 1800 815 272.
You will need to apply for an import permit before the car leaves overseas click here to download the application form for importing a car into Australia.
Then consider :
- The price of the car including the costs to steam cleaning and degas the air-conditioner overseas
- The shipping and insurance costs from overseas to Australia
- Customs clearance in Australia (contact Platinum® Freight for a quote )
- Port charges in Australia
- Unpacking of the container in Australia for AQIS (Quarantine) inspection [some cars do not arrive inside containers, they are driven onto the boat and driven off when they arrive, in that case there are no unpacking charges] (contact us for the latest rate)
- Import duty 5% [this only applies if your car is less than 30 years old]
- Import GST 10%
- Customs entry $ 64 – $ 88 [depending upon how your car is shipped]
- AQIS fees [time based charges]
Additional information for importing your car can be found here: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/imports/
Platinum® Freight™ have customs cleared cars in Fremantle, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane, why not allow us to make your project smooth and hassle free?
Call 1300 882 877 today for an obligation free quote.