Ok, so you have found the perfect caravan at a great price from overseas.. what next?
There are a number of costs and charges that you need to consider:
- You will also need to apply for a permit from the Department of Infrastructure and Transport in Canberra. Click here to download the application form for importing a caravan into Australia .
- The price of the caravan including to have it steam cleaned overseas
- The shipping costs from overseas to Australia
- Customs clearance in Australia (contact Platinum Freight for a quote)
- Port charges in Australia $ 600-$700 on average
- Unpacking of the container in Australia for AQIS (Quarantine) inspection
(contact us for the latest rate)
- Import duty 5%
- Import GST 10%
- Customs entry $194
- DAWR fees (time based charges)
Additional information for importing your caravan can be found here: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/imports/
Platinum Freight™ have customs cleared caravans in Fremantle, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, why not allow us to make your project smooth and hassle free?
Call 1300 882 877 today for an obligation free quote.
Thank you very much with the excellent service with our caravan importation. I was very happy to find dedicated people like yourself to solve my problems. I would gladly recommend your A1 business. In fact anyone importing who doesn’t use your business is missing out on the best service available. Paul, NSW