The PFM Customs Broker Internship is designed for a student who is studying to be a customs broker; the successful person will be placed in the role of a trainee customs broker and will handle all facets of customs clearance and international trade such as (but not limited to):
- Preparing quotes for import and export customs clearance
- Preparing quotes for import and export freight forwarding
- Preparing Export Declaration Numbers [EDN’s]
- Preparing Import Declarations
- Attending to the DAFF office and DAFF inspections
- Preparing Customs refunds
- Booking and monitoring transportation of cargo within Australia
- Invoicing completed jobs
- Preparing temporary imports, carnets, and securities
- Attending to the Australian Customs Office in order to have files processed
- Processing personal effects clearances
Applications close 30 June 2016
Platinum Freight® Management commenced operations in November 2000; we customs clear cargo in every state of Australia and operate 7 days a week.
Peter McRae teaches the “new recruits” who wish to become customs brokers at St George TAFE and has been a customs broker for 15 years.
Please provide answers to the following questions along with your resume and results from your customs brokers course in typed PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Home address
- Why have you chosen to become a customs broker?
- What interests you most about the job of a Customs Broker ?
- When did you start this course?
- When do you expect to complete this course?
- Where do you see yourself in 2 years and in 5 years ?
- Sports, Interests, Hobbies
- Countries that you have visited or lived in?
The successful applicant will be notified in writing by July 31, 2016.